17 out of 20 political parties in a consultative assembly chaired by the Speaker of the House, met for four hours and came up with the following resolutions:
1. Best solution to crisis lies within the Constitution.
2. We uphold the Constitution and condemn insurrection, rebellion, subversion.
3. Recommend the immediate revision of the Constitution.
4. Pledge to uphold reforms toward modernization.
5. Call for the complete overhaul of the Commission on Elections.
Their immediate agenda:
To move, upon the opening of Congress, to pass motions convening Congress as a Constituent Assembly.
Upon motion of Rep. Zubiri, to put together a committee of 9, composed of senators and congressmen, to develop constitutional framework and have consultations with the public.
To include the above in the President’s state of the nation address.
Jolly video of the Speaker with Sen. Angara, Mayor Atienza, Rep. Locsin and other happy warriors. Speaker ecstatic over participation of Juan Ponce Enrile and Senator Angara, and Liberal Party Rep. Andaya, as well as Nacionalista, Kampi, Nationalist People’s Coalition parties. The Speaker, wiggling his eyebrows: “If we want to overcome Malaysia in ten years, if we want to achieve tiger economy status, we must change the system! Look at Europe! Our OCW’s see how parliamentary government works!”