Since May 19, I’ve been hosting an online current affairs show on Radyo Inquirer called “Quezon’s Avenue.” It’s a dry run for Radyo Inquirer as it prepares begin broadcasting in the AM band in July.
The show’s Monday to Friday, 9-10 AM. You can catch it live on Radyo Inquirer on Inquirer.net, with replays at 2 PM. The recorded show is also available on OurMedia.
May 19 episode:
1. Random Manual Audit issue, interview with Amb. Henrietta de Villa, chairwoman of PPCRV.
2. Cabinet appointments speculation;
3. Congressional Canvassing Issues.
May 20 episode:
1. Events in Thailand, interview with former Rep. Neric Acosta (married to a Thai);
2. “Koala Bear” Expose and House investigation into electoral fraud;
3. “Corona of Thorns” Inquirer editorial on Chief Justice issue.
May 21 episode:
1. Rep. Teodoro L. Locsin Jr. on his House committee’s investigation into electoral fraud;
2. Joel Rocamora on the proclamation battle in Congress;
3. 2010 Budget rider removing executive control on pork barrel releases.
May 24 episode:
1. Congressional canvassing issues, interview with Mon Casiple.
2. Preliminary recognition of Aquino by foreign governments;
3. Unsolicited advice from Palace officials.
May 25 episode: 1. Congressional canvassing rules, interviews with Sen. Aquilino Pimentel Jr. and Rep. Roilo Golez.
2. Appeals for House to pass Freedom of Information Act.
3. Inquirer editorial on the Maguindanao Massacre six months later. May 31 episode:
1. Reappointment of Ephaim Genuino to PAGCOR (interview with Mon Casiple);
2. party-list math;
3. Should Aquino live in Malacanan?
June 1 episode:
1. Disqualification case vs. Mikey Arroyo and other party-list matters (interview with Atty. Romulo Macalintal);
2. interview with Nepo Malaluan on Speaker Nograles and Freedom of Information Act delays.
June 2 episode:
1. Interview with Jun Lozada on GMA being let off the hook by Ombudsman;
2. interview with Karina Constantino David on cabinet appointments.