Computer madness

Downfall (Der Untergang in German) is a terrific film, but who knew people would have fun turning chilling scenes into computer-related pariodies courtesy of fake subtitles?

In terms of hilarity and obscenity, this one is the funniest:

Which has a continuation:

Although this one comes close, and adheres closer to the German dialogue noises:

And this one takes more liberties with the scenes:

And this just gets too gamey:

And this, too!

And for non-gamers, this one about a missing car:

30 comments

Skip to comment form

• Jen on November 17, 2007 at 1:13 pm

lol…funny stuff. thanks for sharing.

• Cynthia Genato on November 17, 2007 at 2:22 pm

These remind me of the totally hilarious “bad Chinese-translation subtitles” version of the Lord of the Rings trilogy that were circulating around the online world when those movies were all the rage.

Absolutely hilarious! Thanks for sharing some of the lighter side of life!

• BrianB on November 17, 2007 at 2:28 pm

What’s so obscene about it?

• Cynthia Genato on November 17, 2007 at 2:34 pm

In case anyone needed the links to the engrish subtitles for the LOTR movies:

The Two Towers

Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers

• qwert on November 17, 2007 at 2:55 pm

MLQ3,

This is a very serious fun.

Man suffers so deeply that he has to invent laughter,- Friedrich Nietzsche, German philosopher.

1. Manolo:people(particularly autocrats) are funny!

here’s another one on a dictator closer to home.(…not Gloria) .http://www.slatev.com/player.html?id=1304975133

• BrianB on November 17, 2007 at 3:41 pm

Amazing young Filipino singer:

• BrianB on November 17, 2007 at 3:42 pm

Amazing young Filipino singer:

www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=WZccz5cy3ks

2. oh f*@k. sorry guys. was absent-minded for a while and misposted this. supposed to paste and send this as a reply to someone else.

blame firefox and multiple tabbing. i am so embarrassed at what you’ll be reading here. crap.

if you could Manolo, please delete this post.

3. devilAdv8:you are a writer.full of angst,real feelings.You have a way with words.Just make it a little tighter.consider Helium.

4. “Their anointment almost proved self-fulfilling, if only Christ didn’t save me. ”

amen.

• J. Cruz on November 17, 2007 at 9:04 pm

Although unrelated to your subject, out of “bottled” anger, I have to respond.

“Doctors give Mike Arroyo clean bill of health with caution”

Garbage in, garbage out!

Only the good dies young…. Sad and yet so true!

• mlq3 on November 17, 2007 at 11:23 pm

bryan, just the language.

• cvj on November 18, 2007 at 5:25 am

IMHO, funniest line in first video…

..I mean how much fun can you have with super f*cking Mario running around as a mad Italian jumping on god damn turtles..

• cvj on November 18, 2007 at 1:03 pm

On a related vein, here’s another classic Engrish subtitled movie scene:

Darth Vader’s infamous “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O!” towards the end of Revenge of the Sith was problably translated to ‘bu yao’ (literally ‘ayaw’ or ‘do not want’) and directly translated back to English.

• BrianB on November 18, 2007 at 2:54 pm

MLQ,

I hear language like this every day at work.

5. wow. tnx Manolo. for a while, the whole of my innards was lying open for the world to see. idk why i was squeamish. some things are just too personal (even for me) to publish.

Gawd. even my wife hasn’t read that. I only meant to send it to my best friend.

6. this is funny. I’m assuming the author’s name is Carlos Malvar. the script is not solid film-wise, but it can be remedied. much of the humor will be lost along the way if this is used as the final script.

tawa ako ng tawa. baby reyes, baby reyes, baby reyes reyes.. lols

• BrianB on November 19, 2007 at 1:46 pm

Devils, let me tell you a true story that happened maybe 4-5 years ago. I was in Manolo’s mailing list for the Philippine Jacobins I think it was. Well, someone got a virus and infected my computer. This particular virus is real special because besides destroying my hard drive it sent random files from my desktop to all the addresses in my outlook express (that’s why I never use outlook anymore). A day later, I got hundreds of emails from various strangers and acquaintances. Apparently some of them received an aching love letter (part of a story I was working on) from me. My only consolation was that the love letter was apparently good because I got tons of numbersand pictures of pretty ladies via email.

• mlq3 on November 19, 2007 at 1:47 pm
      Author

that’s a spooky story, bryan. sorry to hear that happened to you.

• BrianB on November 19, 2007 at 1:57 pm

Yep, should’ve cashed out. I mean, regarding the women.

• BrianB on November 19, 2007 at 2:00 pm

And Devils, I never read the entry. Too lengthy. I guess it’s deleted now.

• mlq3 on November 19, 2007 at 2:14 pm
      Author

bryan, nod.

7. mlq3, thanks for sharing this; I never thought anybody could make Der Untergang funny. For more funny vids on youtube, may I recommend Bill Bailey’s Chaucer pub gag and the musical skit “Everone’s a lawyer”? They’re really good.

8. BrianB, lols. yeah, shuda cashed out. if you’re really careful abt it, you needn’t worry abt viruses, trojans and such. my friend (who’s a computer genius) even says he doesn’t bother with anti-viruses. he just switches on his firewall and that’s it. he says most security attacks can be avoided if you have sensible surfing and download practices.

and if you hate lengthy, then don’t bother reading the link I posted above. that one rivals the Great Wall of China in its lengthiness. but its funny nonetheless. not a workable script. but funny.

9. Hahahaha! LOL! and here i was, thinking nothing could top the “Go, Bords” lampoon of 300 🙂

• BrianB on November 19, 2007 at 10:02 pm

That Ilonggo parody of 300 is a classic.

10. I usually don’t have the patience to watch so many videos at one time but this was well worth it. Thanks

• UP n student on January 29, 2008 at 10:56 am

The smile/basic is 🙂 –
    I like cool 😎 – oops 😳 –
    wink 😉 – and roll 🙄 –

also mrgreen :mrgreen:

• TEST on February 8, 2008 at 12:39 am

TEST ONLY
    In the past we noted that a Facebook group isn’t really the best tool for a long-term group conversation. They tend to die-off after a little bit of time. But, if you have an event, with a date attached to it, Facebook seems to work wonders: It’s quick, easy and free.